How to Use:
FOR NEW LAWNS – SEED BED PREPARATION:
- Work soil 3-5 inches deep to proper grade to ensure good drainage…a prong rake is ideal for this purpose. Avoid leaving low areas in the lawn where water may stand.
- Apply ferti•lome® NEW LAWN STARTER FERTILIZER using Spreader Setting in the table below. Work ferti•lome® NEW LAWN STARTER FERTILIZER into the top 2-3 inches of soil
- Seed uniformly at the rate suggested on the seed package. Best results can be obtained when seed is applied with a fertilizer spreader. If desired, mix seed with clean top soil, sand, vermiculite or other carrier for uniform application. After seed application, cover the seed to a depth of ¼ inch…turning a flexible tine rake upside down and dragging lightly across the seeded area is ideal for this purpose.
- Water gently…the secret to successful seed germination is to water gently (not wet) until seeds germinate.
FOR NEW LAWNS – SODDED AND SPRIGGED PREPARATIONS:
- Work the soil 3-5 inches deep to a proper grade. Apply ferti•lome® NEW LAWN STARTER FERTILIZER using the Spreader Settings in the table below and work into the top 2-3 inches of the soil.
- Sod or sprig as desired.
- Water thoroughly after sodding or sprigging. Keep soil constantly moist for several weeks after application or until new grass is securely rooted. Do not keep soil saturated with water
How to Use:
This product can be applied with a drop or broadcast (rotary) spreader. For best results, apply this product evenly and uniformly over the turf grass (lawn) area avoiding streaking, skips or overlaps.
Before each application, determine the correct amount (lbs.) of product to place in the spreader hopper for the area to be treated. For example, if the label stated to apply 4 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. and your area is 2,000 sq. ft. then place 8 lbs. of product in the hopper and set the spreader setting at 4 ¼ (per table below) if using an Accugreen drop spreader.
A more uniform application can be made by spreading one-half of the recommended amount of this product over the turf grass area and then applying the remaining one-half of this product at a right angle to the previous application direction.
NOTE: The spreader settings listed below are approximate. The speed at which you walk and the working condition of the spreader will affect the rate of application.